This policy is updated from time to time. The latest published version always takes precedence.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services, and to enable certain functions and services provided by TechFest.
We also collect information to better understand how people use our services and products and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data do we gather?
We may collect the following information:
- Name, title, and occupation
- Contact information including, address, telephone, and email address
- Information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage information collected, using cookies. TechFest will ask you to accept these cookies when you use the website for the first time. Not accepting these cookies still gives access to our website, but it may affect some of the website features.
- Other information in connection with special events and/or surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from TechFest, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for marketing purposes
Controlling information about you
When you sign up for our TechFest mailing list you will have the option of ticking one of the three tick boxes allowing you to:
- To receive the Festival Programme and any other TechFest event information, as well as information from our partner schemes (e.g. other STEM organisations and festivals) so that you know what is going on in our networks. (We never share your contact data outside TechFest.)
- To receive the Festival Programme and any other TechFest event information.
- To receive the Festival Programme but do not send any other information.
You can change your mind at any time, by contacting us by email or post (see “Contact us” section below).
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct or remove any of this information. Please contact us by email or post (see “Contact us” section below) if that is the case.
The Company recognises that children require particular protection when it is collecting and processing their personal data, because they may be less aware of any risks involved.
When TechFest collects data involving children parental or guardian consent will be acquired to process this personal information lawfully. TechFest sets the age when a child can give their consent to this processing at 16 years old (in line with GDPR).
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure that we work with all personal data in line with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the TechFest website. If you provide information to a website reached by clicking a link on the TechFest website, this other website is responsible for the protection and privacy of your data, not TechFest.